Bonner Springs High School
Algebra Two Syllabus
Teacher: Mrs. Ready – Room 226
School extension: ________
Course Description: Algebra II prepares students for advanced high school coursework and successful participation in college. The student will gain a mature understanding of how the algebraic system is used to describe space, time, and physical relationships. This course extends and refines the student’s reasoning, analytical, algebra and communication skills.
1. Please be on time. This means being in your seat with a pencil and handouts when the bell rings. You are tardy if you are not in your assigned seat as the bell rings. Please see student handbook for tardy policies.
2. Materials: Pencil, a pen for checking, and notebook paper. A scientific calculator is necessary for home use, and can be purchased for about $10.
Please be prepared for class by having your own pencil and paper, and having your homework ready to turn in. I give full credit for work done in pencil and turned in on time.
3. Daily notes are an essential part of your grade. You can make-up any missed notes by copying from a friend or by outlining the chapter.
4. If you are absent for a non-emergency, it is your responsibility to get the homework ahead of time and turn it in the next class day. (Non-emergencies are school trips, team sports, doctor’s appointment, etc.).
5. Being in school every day is the best way to be successful. Following an unexpected absence, ask for homework on your first day back to school. This gives you the best chance to make up the work. You have two calendar (not class) days to turn in missed assignments.
6. Cell phones, Ipods, CD players, etc. are not to be used in the classroom. If you can turn it on, it should be off and out of sight. Having your cell phone out during class is considered cheating. Water is the only food allowed. Please leave your coats in your locker.
10 pts. Assignment complete and correct (corrected as needed)
Late work: Students who have an excused absence will be allowed to turn in make up work for full credit within two school days. Late work turned in for any reason – illness, vacation, etc. – will be accepted with a pass for 80% credit within one week only of the due date. Three late passes will be issued at the beginning of each quarter.
Grade – Tests = 40%, Quizzes = 20%, Homework and Notes = 40%.
Grading Scale: A 90-100
Have a great year!
Student signature_________________________ Student name
*Parents: I will return a copy of the syllabus to you at your request.