USD 204 Mission Statement
Our mission is to help students develop 21st century skills that will enable them to:
- Develop the skills and positive attitude necessary to become responsible, productive, life-long learners
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems and adapt to changes in the world around them
- Understand the importance of stretching themselves personally and academically so that they can become positive contributors to their families, communities and society as a whole
We further believe that successful 21st Century Schools
- Have a rigorous, relevant and guaranteed curriculum.
- Include appropriate character education and have high expectations for everyone.
- Have the courage to make changes necessary to help all students learn.
- Make decisions based on data.
- Ensure student engagement and the creation of quality products.
- Require students to understand the relationships between and within subjects they are studying.
- Actively teach self discipline, problem solving and thinking strategies.
- Use and understand the core principles of Expeditionary Learning and best practice.
- Provide students with the extra time and support they need to meet specified learning targets.
- Include the use of technology as tools to enhance student achievement.
"A 21st Century Quality Education is Our Business"
Continuous Improvement is Our Goal